HARD WATER...WHAT IS IT?
We've all heard of "hard" and "soft" water, but do these words really mean when we are talking about water?
Hard Water contains high amounts of minerals, mainly calcium and magnesium, which in themselves are not harmful and are actually good for our bodies, make water taste better, and are good for plants for watering.
The downside is that these minerals bind together and this causes the problems associated with hard water:
- Dries skin and clogs pores.
- Hard scaling in appliances, on toilets, showers, and inside pipes.
- Decreased appliance efficiency (hot water heater, dishwasher, washing machine) by up to 20% which increase utility bills.
- Reduces appliance life expectancy by 30% - 50%.
- Grays and wears out clothing faster.
- Increased use of soaps, cleaners, and detergents.
Our Electron Infusion technology negates all these negative effects of hard water, while still keeping the positive aspects of the calcium, magnesium, and other minerals in the water.
A traditional salt water softener just replaces the calcium and magnesium ions with salt/sodium ions, removing the benefits of the minerals.
Although these systems can help with hard water issues, they create issues of their own like; not being good to drink, deadly to plants, and increased costs to waste water treatment systems to process out the salt. Not to mention all the heavy bags of salt you have to lug around!
In fact many cities and counties across the country and banning the sale of new salt softeners due to the harmful environmental impact of salt systems.